Diagnostic Services for Pets
Routine, nose-to-tail examinations can tell us a lot of things about your pet’s state of health, but some conditions are not easy to detect without further evaluation. Whether your pet is here for routine screening or due to an illness or a injury, our committed professionals at Welleby Veterinary Hospital will work with you. Our top-of-the-line facility in Sunrise is equipped to perform a variety of advanced diagnostic procedures that allow us to make the most accurate and timely diagnoses possible.
Diagnostics during routine visits can help prevent or allow for early detection of certain conditions. This will enable the veterinarian to diagnose potential diseases before they can become serious issues. These can include screening for heartworms, intestinal parasites, kidney disease, liver disease, and thyroid disease.
If you pet does become unexpectedly ill or injured, this can be stressful, and we know how much your animal companion means to you. We are able to perform diagnostics in hospital so you can be rest assured that our exceptional veterinary team will commit themselves fully to caring for your pet and working to find a viable treatment.
Pet Diagnostic Procedures
While every case is different, we always perform a thorough physical exam before doing any diagnostic testing. This helps us to assess your pet’s current condition so we can determine what testing needs to be performed. Diagnostic procedures we offer at our animal hospital include:
- Complete Blood Count: Detects infection, inflammation, anemia
- Chemistry Profile: Detects liver, kidney, electrolyte and muscle disorders
- Thyroid Function: Detects hyper- or hypo-thyroidism
- Fecal testing
- Detects intestinal parasites like roundworms, hookworms, whipworms, coccidia
- Urine testing (urinalysis)
- Detects urinary tract infections, urinary crystals, kidney disease, diabetes
- Detects potential infection of urine, ears, skin
- Radiographs (X-rays)
- Detects fractures, intestinal issues, bladder stones, arthritis, cancer
- Detects intestinal, liver, kidney, pancreatic, adrenal, and bladder diseases
- Detects heart diseases
- CT Scan
- Detects neurological disease, cancer
Finding the Best Treatment for Your Pet
Making an accurate diagnosis can take time, and we know how stressful this process can be. Rest assured that we will keep you informed and do only what is absolutely necessary and in your pet’s best interests to make them well. Whether we are using our in-house laboratory to obtain timely test results or performing an ultrasound on your pet, they will always be treated with the utmost care and attention.
Finding a suitable treatment for your loved one is our primary concern. If you are interested in pursuing diagnostics for your animal companion, please reach out to us at (954) 748-2002.